This will be smashbros4dojo’s final post.
Hello there! This is Sensei Seth, and I regret to inform you that this will in fact be my last post as the leader of Smash Bros. 4 Dojo!!
I created this blog partly to pay tribute to Brawl's amazing announcement website, but mostly to learn web design. Having garnered a firm understanding of both HTML & CSS, this blog has outlived its use, and thus must be put to rest.
However, that is not the only reason for its termination.
Nearly a month after creating this Tumblr, a simple web design project had transformed into an unhealthy obsession. I would spend hours creating content in the pursuit of “reblogs” and endlessly refresh my activity page for the prideful boosts provided by “likes.” My blog was no longer done for fun, but rather for followers.
I see my blog’s discontinuation as a bountiful boon for my livelihood. Less time making contrived posts means more time for thoughtful creation in other parts of life. Less hours mindlessly scrolling through “social” media feeds means more time for friends and family.
What about Smash Bros? Flooded by Smash speculation, Smash questions, and Smash GIFs, my life had become all Smash Bros, but not very Super. Frankly, I could not be happier about taking a break from my Bros. This absence will leave more to be discovered when the games release later this year.
Here are my closing thoughts:
- Smash Bros. 4 will be a wonderful game, regardless of the system. Along with Mario Kart 8, it will help bring Nintendo out of its nasty slump.
- The final roster will consist of upwards of 45 characters, with Shulk, Mii, and Palutena making the cut for certain, and Pac-Man, Bandana Dee, and King K. Rool possibly joining the crew.
- Remember “Less is More.” Don’t try to discover every character, stage, and item before the game’s release; you will ruin the surprise. Remember the look on your face when you saw Mewtwo for the first time in Melee?
- On June 10th, don’t sit inside all day scouring the Internet for E3 info. Call up your buds, go to Best Buy, and enjoy Smash Bros. 4 in person. What makes Smash so great is sharing it with others!
- And finally, make sure that you own your Tumblr, and not Tumblr owns you!
- Sensei Seth